Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Playing Tag...



I was tagged by Nanny! Who was tagged by Solar!

The deal is: there are five questions to answer and then there are two people to tag!

The questions are:
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
  • I had to really blow the cobwebs out of my old menopausal mind to have a clue what I was doing 10 years ago. After remembering, it seems more like 20! I was still working for an Orthopaedic Surgeon, spending time in the office and the OR. Worked out and ran like a little fiend. It was no problem to cruise through 12 miles just to clear my head. I was single. I was close to God. Life was good. (Delete... Just started telling about my children and realized that I would save that info for one of my taggees to tell herself... ) My favorite songs of the moment were Life Uncommon by Jewel and Truth of the Heart by Melissa Etheridge.

2. Five things on my to-do list:

  • Call the lawn service.

  • Finish the sweater for Little Man.

  • Pick up more paint chips for possible color change in the Bungalow.

  • Go by the bookstore to see about the book by Diane Kress, R.D., The Metabolism Miracle, because I NEED a miracle! LOL.

  • Keep up the exercise!!
3. Snacks I enjoy:

  • Almonds
  • Chocolate
  • Almonds and chocolate
  • Did I mention chocolate?
  • Did I mention almonds and chocolate?

4. Places I have lived: Yes... they are all about the south...

  • Sweetwater, Texas
  • Birmingham, Alabama
  • Charleston, South Carolina
  • Calvert City, Kentucky
  • Hardin, Kentucky
  • Mobile, Alabama
  • Loraine, Texas
  • Shreveport, Louisiana
  • Longview, Texas
  • Tyler, Texas
5. Five things I would do if I were a billionaire: I think this subject would require more thought!

  • Buy Evan a Mariner Rolex and a Porsche presented with a note that said he didn't have to work anymore. =) Love you, Honey!

  • Create a non-profit to help people... not by enabling and rewarding crippling behavior, but by teaching and rewarding life skills.

  • Hire a really good property manager, who would love my Old Girls like I do.

  • Buy and save more old homes and duplexes.

  • Recruit a great chef and some other businesses for my favorite little shopping strip (which I would buy).

  • Buy Evan a "compound" so that he could have a place to hunt and play outside.

  • Take my family on lots of trips!! =)

I am going to tag my newest blog friend, Linda, and my reason for starting this blog, Amanda!

Nanny, thank you for the fun!

Tag, you're it!

8 comments:

California Girl said...

I think this is a more interesting meme than most. 10 years ago....hmmmmmmmm. Well, I don't have a blog that goes back that far but we do have video! I was living in NH. My sons were young and just entering pre-teens, an obnoxious stage don't you think?

Tanna said...

CG: LOL! Yes... I left out some of the adventures with a teenager (a step up from the pre-teens... still obnoxious sometimes!)

Dana said...

Fun to read. Can't wait to see what Amanda writes. :-)

Solar Powered said...

Good post. A little late to the party here but I just realized you might live in a bungalow and you might have re-done it yourself...my dream! Can we see pics?

Linda said...

This tag seems easy enough, I'll answer the questions as soon as I can.

Tags are fun to read because you really learn about people. It was fun reading about you...and I'm jealous that you were a runner. I wanna be a runner when I grow up!

Solar Powered said...

I found the pictures. Your walks, your redos, your bedroom...I'm wiping the drool off my chin. Oh, I can't wait to have my own bungalow someday and redo it all myself. You have great taste!

nanny said...

Wow you did good!!!! If I hadn't had a new grandson 10 years ago I would have said "duh, I don't remember anything from that year" lol

Tanna said...

Dana: I am looking forward to reading Amanda's too... though I was about to post some before I caught myself. LOL.

Linda: You may BE a runner and just don't know it yet. I read about people who start at all ages! I even know of a lady, through a friend of mine, that didn't start running until her sixties and is a record holder/winner! Now, let me say, as they do in various ads: results not typical! LOL

Solar: I am addicted to the old homes. I think you and your mom should bring Lila in the spring to see the azaleas and the home tour! =)

Nanny: I remember more I did not tell! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.