Thursday, October 22, 2009

Playing for Change - Stand by Me



Just finished reading my e-mail for the morning. In it was a link to a youTube video sent by one of my oldest and dearest friends, Kathy. Her note said, "If this doesn't make you want to dance, nothing will!" Amen. It is from a documentary Playing for Change. Music is a common language... taps common emotions... allows us to rise above... do more... maybe, be more. Evan recently took his iPod with him to the gym to use while he was on the elliptical machine; he was so tickled at how the time passed and he felt like he could go on forever. This version of Stand by Me makes me feel like we could all go on forever... We all need someone to stand by us. I am deeply grateful for my peeps who stand by me and pray for a day when we can all stand by each other. Thank you so much Kathy! GO! DANCE! Stand by someone...

5 comments:

California Girl said...

Good Morning Tanna! This is a great video and should be sent around continually. I saw it last year and was very moved.

Nice photo of you and your friend. It's Theme Thursday for a group of us. Our topic today is "Traffic" and it's getting alot of reaction.

Deb said...

great song...great photo...I had to share it on my facebook page....made me stop thinking about this rain for a few minutes...

nanny said...

Oh I love that video....it never fails to make me feel good....thanks for sharing it!

Solar Powered said...

I'm all happy and inspired to raise my blinds, let the sunshine in, and do a little tidying up while Lila naps. Thanks so much and thanks for coming to my blog. That Alexander Cole is precious, I know you are proud.

Amanda said...

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. It was sunshine for my soul tonight. Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.