Solar says, "You know I can't miss the chance to complete a survey. They were my favorite part of Seventeen magazine and to this day I love a good survey. I've been seeing this 2009 recap all over the blog world and just had to play. Hope you will too and let me know so I can come read it!"
1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before? Knitted a baby sweater... my very own, sweet grandson's sweater! And, started a blog!!
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any for 2009 but I'm on it for this year. See Mission: THRIVE.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My daughter. I cannot tell you how precious that event has been.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Does Tess, our Scottie, count? Yes, I think she does.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Fitness!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why? July 8, 2009... Alex's birthday... first grandson, need I say more?
8. What was your biggest achievement this year? Making totally unexpected and wonderful connections with blogging!
9. Did you suffer illness or injury? No illness for me... does menopausal mania count???
10. What was the best thing you bought? My hubby's FAVORITE Christmas present. LOL.
11. Where did most of your money go? Investment properties a.k.a. My Old Girls.
12. What song will always remind you of 2009? You know, when I was younger, every year could be identified by the songs that were playing... I find that the older I get, the less I listen to music... and prefer the quiet. But, Ain't No Sunshine will hold a special place in my heart for this year. =)
13. What do you wish you would have done more of? Exercise. Eat better. Focus on the positive.
14. What do you wish you would have done less of? Worry...
15. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy, House, or The Good Wife.
16. What was the best book you read this year? Glass Castles.
17. What was your favorite film of the year? The Blind Side or Grand Torino
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Hosted the rug hooking group
on the porch, lunch with my dear friend, Milha, and dinner with hubby at Jake's. 53
19. What political issue stirred you the most? Bailouts of the financial institutions.
20. Who was the best new person you met? Solar and her dear Mom, Nanny. How incredible is it to cross paths with people on the internet and then find that they are actually more wonderful in real life than they seemed on their blogs! A great blessing of 2009!
As far as happiness goes... this Little Man takes the cake! ;)