Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Reporting in on Mission: THRIVE


I'm reporting in on my Mission: THRIVE project. Last month, I listed that:

"To thrive, I need to feel fit. I need to feel connected to kindred spirits. I need to be close to my family. I need to enjoy my marriage. I need to create. And, most of all, I need to be close to my Creator."

And, for the month I resolved to:

MOVE five days a week.
Sit with God five days a week.
Pay attention to five things a day that make me smile... that I am grateful for... write 'em down... SEEK those things, if necessary!
Read the rest of How We Choose to be Happy
Keep this Mission: THRIVE working for one more month

Keep my intention focused on thriving

MOST weeks I exercised five times.

The number of times I enjoyed just sitting with God to appreciate His Presence in my life correlates highly with the number of times I run a week. I'd say that my running, or not, is statistically significant with regard to my spiritual, mental and physical well-being. More on that another day.

I confess I have NOT written five things that have made me happy over the course of each day. I realized quickly that I didn't like doing that. I have, however, been much more attuned to the multiple times I enjoy even really small things throughout the day. I savor them in the moments I notice. Even in the deep sadness of losing Tony, there was joy sown here and there throughout. I appreciate those moments.

I have four more days to finish the book... =/

I've made one month down... and am committing to month two on this project.
And, my focus has been pretty dang intent on thriving. =)

Bottom line is that I have ditched some of the things that were not getting me closer to my ultimate goal of thriving. I have not beaten myself up over not meeting others, such as exercising five times a week when I could spend time with Alex. It is about priority. Family supersedes exercise plan. And, I'm actually quite gleeful about the flexibility of all that. In my "all or none" compulsions of the past, I would just give up if I could not meet every criteria perfectly. Not so this time. Maybe that's a good point of "maturity." LOL! I will say that even though it was not on my "list" last month, I have been very successful with maintaining the diet I started Jan. 4. Woo Hoo! I haven't weighed, but I'm feeling better!
That said, for this coming month, I'm going to focus on paying attention to the paths that open to me and to enjoy (or at least give thanks for) all that God sends. Keep up the moving. Exercise is critical for me. Focus on connections to God and to my loved ones. And, thrive on, Baby! Thrive on!

4 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You are totally motivating me. I am beginning to fall in love with the word "thrive." It's really what I am looking for!

Thank you. :-)

Tara said...

I too like that word, "THRIVE"! We should all strive to thrive.
You go girl! Proud of you!
Hugs,
Tara

Lauri said...

I'm so proud of you guys for your excellent progress on thriving! It's so neat to see how you are motivating and inspiring others, even the ones like me who are just "lurking" to watch your progress!

Dana said...

We are still reading our Bible every night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.