Thursday, April 19, 2018

Little Joys


I finished my little afghan of solid crochet squares.  Love it!  I'll share more info later.


My Beloved and I recently enjoyed Grandparent Day with our Little Men.  Quite the day!  The boys were so very sweet showing us around their school.  I'm so proud of these Loves.



These roses won Flowers of the Walk this morning.  Sooooo beautiful!




Made me whip out the watercolors... oh, it's been so long!  This is the first pass at it.  We will see where it goes from here!  Ha!  Maybe the trash can!  LOL!  Those of you who have seen me mess with watercolors before know I have a hard time finding the place to STOP!  It's not like knitting or crochet where you have a specific place to start and end; and, for a person with slight perfectionist tendencies, it can be almost impossible to find the quitting place!  If you know anything about watercolor... there is definitely a place where you have just gone TOO FAR.  More to be revealed. 


 I'll leave you with a little chuckle.  Our tournament this week was Diva Day, as we hosted the Nine Hole Ladies, who on the whole are much more "well dressed" than we, the 18 Hole Ladies, are.  I'm with my friend, Cynthia (one of my regular peeps and who was one of the chairs of this fun event).  The wind BLEW and I molted everywhere!  Ha!  I'm thankful I don't have all these "accessories" on my normal rounds. We did have lots of FUN!

I hope each of you find a LITTLE JOY, a reason to smile this week...  
I hope you hold that joy and let it seep deep inside... 
I believe we mostly find what we look for in life.   Doesn't mean there aren't bad things and tough days.  Just means that our everyday lives are colored by our "vision".  

See the GOODBe the GOOD.

blessings ~ tanna






15 comments:

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Sweet, sweet. You just bring JOY with your writing. I absolutely love the afghan. Turned out lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanna, The colors of your afghan are so warm. Beautiful. How precious are your grandsons; how special to join them for Grandparents Day. That's a great photo/memory. Oh, I love your be-jeweled sunglasses! lol Glad you guys had fun. Those roses are pretty and so is your watercolor. Hope you have an enjoyable rest of the day.

Catherine Holman said...

You are such a joy and so very multi-talented! Love that new afghan! I'm too uptight for watercolors. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Your watercolor rose is pure perfection!!!!

Congrats on the blanket finish too. It's lovely.

Lynne said...

Hold joy . . . let it seep deep inside . . . love this . . .

Opportunities to let our love, joy, pride be apparent . . . wonderful.
Opportunities for “the littles” to show the same . . . important and joyful.

Afghan is so beautiful . . .

Watercolor Rose . . .
Oh my tanna . . . exceptional talent . . .
You have, “the touch” . . .

Fun and silly time with the golfing friends . . .
I am so happy you have these moments . . .
We each need them!

Happy rest of the week, weekend . . .
love
lynne

La Table De Nana said...

Lots of joys here..I'll strat w/ you..Diva:) You're a beauty Tanna!
And the afghan:) And the rose:)Multi talented..

I know what the greatest was though.. being w/ the boys for grandparents day.
And they look like sweeties!
Have a great weekend!

karen said...

fantastic water color!! you are talented :) love the photo of you with your grands and beloved, so sweet!! Our weekend is gearing up to be busy but a good kind of busy.

Judy S. said...

Great post, Tanna! I love the afghan, too. Have a wonderful weekend!

podso said...

The afghan looks gorgeous. What a great shot of it--looks huge! And the joy on your faces with the boys. And as you often do, you've shared wonderful, insightful words of wisdom. Thank you!

Needles and Wool said...

Lovely afghan! that is sweet you went to their grandparents day and had a good time. The roses are so pretty and I really like your watercolor painting :)

Linda said...

So....you are a Diva AND a painter....AND a crochet goddess.....AND...the best thing of all....a Nana💚
Enjoy your week my dear...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The afghan is gorgeous. Looks like you've definitely had many joyful moments. :) Have a good week.

Aritha V. said...

I love to read more about your little afghan! Compliments for the amazing painted rose!

Anonymous said...

You have done a good job. Carpet looks beautiful.
Nice to enjoy the time with the little men during Grandparents day.You must have enjoyed lot with them.
WOW! What a beautiful rose! Nice to see your paintings:)

Shug said...

Your talent is AMAZING......could you share a little of that talent with your blogging friends who have few talents... Have a good day...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.