Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A Little Catch Up...




Seems I got behind over the past week... This morning I'm taking a breath... Starting a new project (to knit along with my vest)...


This is a free Mystery Knit Along:  Winding Staircase Mitts by Sabine Kastner.   The clues suggest a solid colored yarn with good stitch definition... I'm miles away from the solid color part.  It will have 40 beads as well... they are a motley crew, too.  But, I'm excited.  This will be my first pair of fingerless mitts and I think it will be fun doing something new.


Our Little Men & Co. came for a Christmas visit and had "the sickness"-- fever, headaches, stomachaches-- the whole time.  Bummer.  Bless their little hearts.  It dampened our fun, but not our love.
 

We did enjoy a little Gingerbread building on one of our better afternoons.  They will be back this weekend, so I'm hoping for WELLNESS!


We got to see our grandgirls last night!  Out of all of our grands, Karsyn is without a doubt the most fun to give gifts... NO ONE gets as excited as she does or gives more thanks.  Such a joy to see her open a package!   Unfortunately, my photos of our other two Little Lady Loves came out blurry.  =(

It is SO COLD here (for us).  The 20s is just too cold for me.... I keep telling myself it will pass.  LOL!  For now, I'm staying bundled up!

Hoping whatever your weather, you are warm and content...

blessings ~ tanna

12 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

How nice to see those sweet little men even if they are not feeling so well. We've been fortunate with our health this season. Of course, the weather has been so awful that we've not been out much. I think the bone-chilling cold has also killed off a lot of the bad germs.

Best,
Bonnie

podso said...

Your granddaughter's expression is priceless! It's nice to see a young person be so thankful! Seems there's so much sickness around; and sorry the boys had it--but they sure can make a good gingerbread house even when "under the weather." I actually am enjoying this cold weather and the fact that it's lasting more than a day for a change. It's my northern roots. Thanks for your kind and generous comment on my post today--and for understanding what I was trying to say! :-)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your little men are really growing up! I'm sorry they were sick over the holidays...that's a bummer. Hopefully the next visit they will good as new. Love the look on your granddaughter's face. It looks like she got something she really likes! Stay warm...it's been bitterly cold here too. Brrr...I'm so not a winter person! Take care and have a wonderful New Year! xx Cheryl

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Anything below 50 now is way too cold for me. :/ Sorry to hear the little guys were so sick over the holidays. The gingerbread houses sure turned out cute. Wishes for a bright and sparkly new year.

Lynne said...

So fun to have the “littles”around . . .
Sorry about the not feeling the best though!
It seems impossible for me to catch pictures
when the house is full . . . unless we “stage” something
and then it seems all the naturalness vanishes.
Loved the Gingerbread pic “finished edition” . . .
I loved your cuddled up one and your excited granddaughter . .
Smiled at her tiny legs and trendy white sneakers . . .
Joy is really wonderful isn’t it . . .
Happy, Happy NEW YEAR Tanna . . .

La Table De Nana said...

The energy in her! I want some:) I did cave in and buy jeans like hers lol:) The boys:) A love visit..nothing better than feeling safe and cuddled at Nana's..I never had a second place ..I love that my Littles are comfy w/ us/like yours are w/ you.
Those gloves with the beads=winners..I can tell ..the colors and the magic beads..

Adorb houses too:)
Bonne Année:)

Judy S. said...

Happy New Year, Tanna! Looks like you had a great holiday. Now I need to check out your mitt pattern. Thanks! Sending warm thoughts!

Bonnie said...

It's freezing here, too. I haven't been out of the house but one day this week. At least I got all the decorations put away. I have way too many to take a week to put up.
How special to see a gift so well received and glad you got a picture of it.
Gingerbread houses with your little men look fun. They are looking so grown up.
Love your new knitting project. You amaze me constantly.

handmade by amalia said...

This post warmed my heart with it many happy things. I love that yarn and the idea of a mystery craft, I love the gingerbread houses and the little makers and I like that joy of that precious gift enjoying her gift. Glad I stopped by.
Amalia
xo

karen said...

goodness they are all growing too fast! I love your mystery sock and the colorway.

Linda said...

Hi Tanna...
Happy new Year to you!!
It is so nice having the grandkids around...waiting for my Miss V to return from a trip, so we can bake together...
Love your knitting...I plan to try that again this year...for sure!
We are very very cold here...unusually cold for Ontario...oh well...
Keeping warm and busy inside!
Enjoy your weekend..
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Mereknits said...

Bless their little sick hearts. That is no fun at all. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, hope everyone is well and you have loads of fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.