Tuesday, March 27, 2018

BUSY Time of Year


Does Spring seem like one of the busiest times of the year to anyone else?  Our weeks have felt crammed full!  We did manage to get ready for the Easter bunny to hide eggs for the grandloves.


I'm so looking so forward to seeing all those Little Loves!


In last week's frenzy, we had THREE birthday celebrations...  Including one for this precious Little, who has the most tender, joyful, loving and grateful heart.  I adore Karsyn and her sweet spirit.  She graduated to the double digits this year! 


We will be heading to Ft. Worth this evening to make Grandparents' Day at the Little Men's school tomorrow!  Then, turn around and head back home!  Whirlwind March!


In East Texas, we are SURROUNDED by beauty this time of year!  And, pollen.  There is a yellow/green haze on EVERYTHING!  Ha!  Thankfully, to make that bearable, everywhere you look new life is pushing forth!  Our azaleas are poised to POP and I think they will make it by Easter morning.  The little Japanese Maple is budding.  My hydrangeas are leafing out.  Color abounds along with that pollen!  It is spectacular!


With our March madness, I managed to get all the tax stuff together last week.  Have I ever mentioned I HATE doing that?!?!?  Well, I do.  Pretty much a week of my life I will never get back.  I even got up at 1:30 one morning to work on it.  Arrrrgggghhhh...


And, finally... a simple, repetitive task that has kept me sane in the frenzy... Little squares while spending a precious few evenings in front of the TV with My Beloved.  Everybody needs a little down time.  ;)

Well, I've got to get busy!  Stuff to be done.

Wishing you all beautiful spring days filled with productiveness... Ha!

blessings ~ tanna

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful birthday girl! Your home/yard are so beautiful, especially with the plants/trees new growth. Pollen is not my friend, either! I know you will enjoy Grandparents Day and I wish you and the littles a lovely Easter. xo

Susie said...

Hi Tanna, Yes, March has been busy for me also. We have quite a few birthdays in spring in our family. Happy birthday to your little sweetheart. I love all the colors of your granny squares. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Happy B-Lated Birthday to Karsyn. :) Love the photos of your flowerbeds and your new project, too. Wishing you a day filled with many blessings sweet friend. :)

Catherine Holman said...

Wishing you and your family a very special Easter! I love those granny squares and look forward to seeing them put together.

podso said...

We have a double digit in a couple of months. This week the baby turns F I V E. How can it be. The pollen has yet to arrive here in full force but I know it will come and warmer weather too. Enjoy all these happy busy moments (except the income tax...). The squares look like they'll make a lovely blanket...or do you have other plans! Blessed Easter!

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Have a beautiful Easter weekend with all your sweeties! It seems like a long winter to me, even in Arizona.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how stitching calms even the busiest day.

You got a LOT of squares done.

Your flowers are lovely. What are the white flowers?

NanaDiana said...

Those must be some BIG chickens to lay those BIG eggs in your yard! Aren't they fun?!!!
The flowers are really pretty and what a sweet Birthday "baby".
I hope you have a wonderful, blessed Easter. xo Diana

Bonnie said...

You have been busy! Love your giant eggs in your flower bed and arrangement on your door for Easter. Three birthdays is a lot! Our grandson turns 16 this Saturday but sadly we will not be there. We were just there a week ago.

Pollen is part of it but we are always glad to see it go. We are ahead of you with the azaleas being the prettiest I can remember. Most have been the colder weather. Ours are on the way out now. They really put on a show.Hope yours are extra pretty, too.

Have a blessed Easter! 💐🐇💐

La Table De Nana said...

Such beauty and joy..everywhere..from Little to squares to your gardens and home.
Simply LOVELY.
Our gardens are snow covered..paths are mud..it is a grey ending of the week..
It's rarely pretty here at Easter..too bad!!:)
Happy Happy Easter!

karen said...

happy birthdays to everyone! have fun at Forth Worth and of course glad that spring is showing itself somewhere in the world :)

handmade by amalia said...

Every season that has a major cleaning project named after it is bound to be busy :-) But you seem to fill the season with a lot of other delights, taxes not included. Looking forward to seeing the crochet finish, I finished a bunch of stuff with a The Crown marathon, my kind of show.
Amalia
xo

Lynne said...

Lovely, Lovely . . .
Things in bloom, brick lined garden edges, huge colorful eggs . . .
Ribbons, basket bunnies . . . everything looks delightful, pretty.
Blessed Easter my friend . .
Chat with you next month . . .
LOVE . . .

my sisters knitter said...

How wonderful to be able to celebrate three wonderful lives being born! I love celebrations especially around Easter time.
Your squares look fabulous and like they are begging to be played with.

Judy S. said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter, Tanna. You are so right about the crazy busyness of spring that keeps on going till school is out! Are you making an afghan with all of those squares? Should be pretty whatever it is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.