Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Go Away...


Rain, rain, go away... come again another day...

I remember that little sing-song ditty from my childhood...

I'm starting to sing it... Ha!  We've had LOTS of rain and thunderstorms.  Last Thursday at about 2am, the Weather Alert on my iPhone went off... I'm not sure how much good it's going to do to warn you about flooding if it causes you to have a heart attack in the process of warning you!  Mercy!  Took me forever to go back to sleep.  And, it was NOT because I was worried about being washed away in a flood. 


The little Sedums have liked the rainy days.  They are going strong.  To tell the truth, we've still had lots of fun in spite of the gloom.
 

A friend made Hatch green chili enchiladas for us that were ah-maz-ing.  Good food.  Good company.  Nothing wrong with that.


Our grandgirls brought lots of chuckles and fun.  Do you think she's thinking her sister's ice cream scoop is bigger than hers?  LOL!


And, there have been BRIEF reprieves... Which we have savored!


 This day, the blue skies lasted about 45 minutes... I happy danced the whole time.  ;)


And, I'm not hating on this yarn or the k4tog anymore (it helps this was the last row of the lace).  Most of the time, stuff just grows on me if I stay with it.  Don't know what that says about me.  LOL!  But, now, I'm getting excited to see what it will be like finished.  Oh, I hope it will be good!

The rain is REALLY falling right now.  I'm going to finish this up and then start the stockinette part of my knitting project.  A little mindless meditation.  Good therapy. 

I hope, whatever your weather, there is good mixed in with the gloom!

blessings ~ tanna

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rainy days and knitting . . . a match made in heaven.

podso said...

The weather really has been something. Two more days of rain headed our way after a near perfect day today (maybe 60, and sunny!) Will the cooler weather slow spring down?--lol. It sounds like you are making the best of it all, and yes we can certainly find the good with the bad. It makes it all so much nicer.

NanaDiana said...

Looks like you had a good time in spite of all the rain!! I love the look on the little one's face as she is checking out the ice cream!

I think that piece you are working on is going to be just great...AND...it is close to the color of my eyes! lol

Have a great night- xo Diana

Lynne said...

It might be rainy . . . but you really have some GREEN!
Kniitting some green too . . . you certainly create some lovely . . .
Chili enchiladas look yummy . . .
Loved seeing your grands . . . she did get the smallest scoop!

La Table De Nana said...

The girls are sooo cute!!
And your knitting you little "KNITTER" you..how cute is that too?

Here's to much more sunshine than gloom in our futures:)

karen said...

love the green yarn immensely! Our rainy days turned into two days of sunshine!! I took the toddler for a walk and it was wonderful :)

Linda said...

Hi Tanna....
I must say..the weather where I am, has been perfect....perfectly sunny and hot! 😎
Those 3 grands are awesome....and so is your handiwork. Where do you get the patience for such intricate work?
Hope the sun shines for you...on that sweet wee Sedum🌟
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Mereknits said...

I might be one of the few people who love rain, like a lot of rain. Maybe because I am here in Florida that seems to be sunny so much of the time, a rainy day is rest on my eyes and soul. I love the color of the yarn you are using Tanna, it is just gorgeous.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

It is indeed time for the rain to go away! I wish for you bright sunny days sweet friend. Love your project. I had a feeling it would grow on you...it says you are loyal and dedicated to keep at and let thing grow on you. :) Wishing you a day of joy and many blessings sweet friend. :)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Tanna, your grand girls are just the cutest! And the look on the face of the youngest is just priceless. lol! We're having a lot of rainy, drizzly days too and I'm ready now for some sunshine. Have fun with your new knitting project, it's looking good!

Judy S. said...

So, did it turn out? It looks like you're going to have a very pretty shawl! Love the photo of your granddaughters. It's been chilly here with lots of snow in the nearby pass and more expected. We even had cold weather last week in CA, but at least the skies were blue.

handmade by amalia said...

Your granddaughters' smiles are pure sunshine. If I could I would send you some more, we have plenty, wouldn't mind a little rain in return :-)
Amalia
xo

Shug said...

I can sure testify to the amount of rain we have had. MY oh MY....water everywhere. I love those cute eyes looking at the dessert and ice-cream..so cute! I know you enjoyed the sunshine that we have had today...I totally enjoyed the sunshine....

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

We didn't have rain to speak of all winter and then we go to Sri Lanka for 6 days and it rained 3 of those days. :/ I was happy that my balcony plants got water. There's something in rainwater that you just can't get in regular tap water, that's for sure. Happy March!

Bonnie said...

It is a rainy day here today! Lots of rain this springl At least it is washing the pollen away.
It is supposed to be close to freezing later this week.
Enjoy your week.

nancy said...

I agree with rainy days and knitting (or quilting...). They are the best!

Needles and Wool said...

I love how that lacy green project is turning out! I really like your 'knitting' stitch marker too! the chili looks really yummy!

Anonymous said...

The girls with their ice cream scoops is a priceless photo! I love the color of your knitting project - perfect hobby for rainy days. We had rain all weekend; now it is clear but cold (for us). Have a great day! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.