Friday, April 7, 2017
Willy Nilly Friday 5
1) Met this sweet guy and his momma in Canton last week for the First Monday Trades Day. I think it is the first time I've ever been there without a single purchase (food doesn't count, does it?). But, time with this one made it a joy and worthwhile!!
2) Driving the back roads. LOVE East Texas in the spring time. You can sort of make out the beautiful wild flowers in the fields. They are just beautiful!
3) Asunder. Brings home how quickly things can be ripped asunder.
4) Life and brightness among death and decay. Looks like I'm going to have to replace this one; I don't think it's coming back this time!!
5) Survivor. This little cactus has bloomed every year since I received it as a favor from one of my dear friend's daughter's wedding shower (2013). I've never even given it a good home... its soil has dwindled over time and it sporadically gets tended... yet it blooms. Amazing. Its beautiful blossoms always remind me of them. And, how... out of hard... places beauty can be created.
Joining Tanya for Willy Nilly Friday 5 at Around Roanoke, VA.
"Finally be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of truth, and righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming missiles of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. "
blessings ~ tanna