This has been a wonderful week. I have enjoyed:
- An organized desk! =)
- Skyping with Little Man and his Mom... I do have to admit Skyping has caused the sad but true realization of apparently needing a face lift! There is a small screen in the bottom corner where you can see yourself while the person you are talking to is on the big part of the screen. Who knew how hooded and droopy my eyelids had gotten! I have discovered that I raise my eyebrows when I am looking in the mirror... eyelids/wrinkles-bad. But, not nearly so bad as they are when I am not raising those eyebrows (must have learned this trick putting on make-up)! Hrmphhh... Who knew? Everyone else. Ah, the things we learn about ourselves at the most unexpected moments. Why does this aging thing just keep getting worse?! Ha!
- Running well... even in the rain and cold. This morning I came within ten feet of a female hawk as she landed on a limb just in front of my path. I stopped... We gazed... She flew... I ran. Exquisite treat! Big smile.
- First round of golf for 2010. It was 41 degrees with a chill factor in the thirties. Gray. Dreary. Stinkin' cold. Our noses were red; our hands were numb; our cheeks got chapped. And, I enjoyed every minute of it! These ladies are so gracious and fun. We played some good, some bad and some just plain ugly golf; and, we laughed all along the way.
- Lunch with two women who are earnest and passionate about our historic neighborhoods! Sandy's home has been the first one chosen for the 2011 Historic Tyler on Tour! Gorgeous and exciting!
- Coffee with Bonnie, who is an amazing woman with so many varied interests and stories. She inspires me!
- And, I am about to be off to Lindale to the Rose Path Weaving shop for the last two skeins of yarn for a new sweater project for Little Man!! Can't wait!
When I saw this yarn, it felt like the colour of happiness... =)