Thursday, February 15, 2018

Leftover Hat Love and Swatch H*%#


A very happy use of my leftover Noro yarn!  Love this little hat!


Free pattern:  Rusc by Harlee Wentworth.  I'd give this pattern my highest marks!  Love the texture and way it worked up!


I did do a little modification to make it a pillbox shape.  The notes are here on my Ravelry page.  I'm thinking I may need to do another following the pattern all the way.  Just a wonderful, thick feel!


So... I swatched... and, I swatched... and, I swatched....  I ended up having to go up two needle sizes to get gauge (I hope).  Makes me seriously wonder what went awry with my Flat Rib Popover Vest! How could it have turned out so large, when my usual sin is on the tight side.  Hmmm... still a mystery.


So... I have finally just taken off knitting... Remembering how much I LOVE doing lace...


Then, coming to the realization I don't particularly like the feel of this yarn... I don't like doing k4tog... ever.  And, it's a LONG way around.  Not boding well for this project so far...

Frustrations with the swatch business... with the feel business... and with the FREQUENT use of k4tog over 340 stitches... All adding up to make the likelihood of this becoming a finished object a teensy bit at risk.

More to be revealed...

Like life... a little good and happy... a little hard and frustrating...

Wishing you all as much of the good and happy as you can get!

blessings ~ tanna

17 comments:

Judy S. said...

Cute hat! And here I thought k3tog was difficult. I don't think swatch is terribly important on a shawl except for the yarn amount but feel sure is. Shawls OMHO are supposed to be kind of cuddly..... and if you go through with all those stitches and don't really like it, will you wear it? Have a good day. (only with the current news from FLA, it's a very sad one.....)

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Cute hat, especially on you. K4tog would be off my radar and only bring anxiety.

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Love the hat. You look marvelous!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love the hat! It's looks great on you, as all of the lovely things you make always do. Swatch and Gauge are four letter words in my house...just saying. I know you will get this, you always do. I also know that there is no reason to spend all your time making something you do not like to do...for me it's more about the process and not always about the finished project...rip that puppy out and save the yarn for something else...if, of course, you choose that route. Wishing you a day filled with much joy and many blessings sweet friend. :)

podso said...

Here I thought you were really enjoying the knitting again--but K4--and the feel of the yarn--that is so important to me, so I understand. The little hat is so cute. At first I thought it was one of the baskets with a cover on it! LOL. Looks good on you!

Catherine Holman said...

So cute! I love that yarn and the hat shape!

Lynne said...

Love the hat . . .
LOVE . . .
I would do another too . . .

(The feel of the yarn, pattern, ease, would be like reading a book . . .
Fifty pages in . . . If it hasn’t wrapped me in . . . I close the cover and go for another.)

La Table De Nana said...

Oh my gosh you look great in hats..
not me..not me not me..unless it's a big English wedding hat;)
I need height lol..It's adorb!
Gauge and sizes and k4 ..all a foreign language to me;)
Cute cute!

karen said...

I'm not a fan of knit four together ever, so I can see your point! love your hat and your hat selfies :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That hat is super cute (though I'm not a hat person as I've been told many times in the past :) Great use of your lovely leftover yarn. I know nothing about knitting but if you are not feeling the knit4tog then it must be tedious.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I think your hat is really cute and looks good on you! Or maybe it's that you're really cute and you make the hat look good. :)
Have a lovely weekend! xx Cheryl

Linda said...

Love you in that hat!
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Needles and Wool said...

I love that hat! So colorful and interesting to look at and I like the modifications you made to make it a pillbox shape. Lace is fun to knit and looks so pretty. I had so much fun learning different lace patterns last year, I have not used them in a project yet but they would make the bottom of a top or sweater look so pretty. I dislike k4tog as well, so many stitches to pull together!

Lulu said...

beautiful hat..love those hearts also in another post.

handmade by amalia said...

I love the hat! And to see you so pretty and happy. Knitting will do that to a person :-)
Amalia
xo

Bonnie said...

Amazing and so cute.

Tanna, I hope you wear one of your creations, Thursday! You sure have a lot of choices! Look forward to seeing you. I hope it is not raining! So much today!

krishna said...

Aww!! the hat is cute!

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.