Thursday, December 14, 2017

DPNs and Reindeer Fun!


I remember the very first time I held a set (this set) of Double Point Needles and wondered who in the world figured out how to take a fist full of sticks and a string and create something.  Coco O'Hare was my first project.  It was so exciting to watch that bunny grow! There were other bunnies and some chicks and a pair of chameleons that grew from sticks and string. 


Two Christmases ago, it was Rudy the Reindeer...


This year it has been a couple of these...


Strangely enough, this acrylic one is my favorite of the two.  It was my first.   


He was gifted to a friend.  My second is hanging on the tree. All these years later, I am still amazed at what can come from a fist full of sticks and a string.  ;)


The pattern is from the book, "55 Christmas Balls to Knit" by Arne and Carlos.  I have several years of amusement between these pages. After I bought the book, I noticed several free patterns on Ravelry.  Oh, well... I love all the little antidotes and photos... plus, there's nothing like a "real" book to hold and enjoy.


And, I really like my "sweatshirt sweater"!  I count that as a SUCCESS!  LOL!

I hope something in your week holds your imagination and amuses your soul...

blessings ~ tanna

13 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Oh, I have known the puzzlement of sticks and strings. Unlike you, I've yet to figure it out. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Best,
Bonnie

podso said...

Can you imagine what life would be like if we ceased to be amazed?

Anonymous said...

How delightful! Your sweater looks beautiful! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

La Table De Nana said...

You look lovely and I love loose sweaters.so cute and it fits you like a glove..re the 5 sticks and an ornament...wow.
So much fun seeing what you create Tanna.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

The sweater looks awesome on you. It's a lovely color. You always make such lovely things. I love that little reindeer ornament. So cute! I love working with the wooden double points (no chance of stitches falling off) and once I get past the few starting stitches (trust me, there are a few words spoken about the double points family history, loose needles, I'll refrain) then I can knit with enjoyment. There is something so comforting about it being cold out side, warm and toasty inside, a hot cup of tea and a little knitting. Perfect day. Blessings to you always sweet friend. ((hugs)).

karen said...

your sweater looks fantastic!! love the mirror selfie :) I do like your Christmas ornament, I should knit something like that.

Mereknits said...

You look wonderful in the sweater Tanna. Well done on a big successful knit. Those ornaments are perfect. It always amazes me how yarn becomes a beautiful fabic.

steph said...

double points.....and the kitchener stitch.....remain two mysteries of the universe that i'm happy to say i've conquered but still don't understand how anyone first figured out. i feel lucky there are such smart people out there willing to share!!!

love the reindeer ornament.....and your sweater is going in my queue! I LOVE IT!!!!!

merry christmas!

Christine said...

I know we aren’t to envy others, but I’m a little with those “balls”.
You are so creative!

Bonnie said...

Sweater and ornament are fabulous. You do all this and I can't get the house picked up!!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

I had the same reaction to the fist full of sticks. I am enjoying them now. Your shirt sweater is fabulous. Cozy. I love it.

Judy S. said...

Love that ornament and sweater! I love my dpns, too. Merry Christmas...almost!

nancy said...

Merry Christmas, Tanna!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.