Saturday, March 28, 2009

More from a morning walk...



I am excited! I am about to be off on a "Behind the Garden Gates" tour! Not this gate...



But, this one's gate...



This is the front entry...



This little cutie sits right next door... She could use some TLC on the gardening department... but, man, what potential (I am the Queen of Potential! lol)



I will be back with lots more shots...



Look at all those buds just waiting to pop!



Dogwoods...



Another shot of tulips... like the little red one amongst the pinks...



And, even the lone yucca is blooming!








The rains have battered some of the blossoms to the ground... they are still beautiful.







The home's trim matches the brilliant Japanese Maples so perfectly...






Now this hedge walls a garden that I am going to get to see today!



Another view...



And this is the gate...






You will see these guys again in late summer... so, sad that they have been pruned.



Can you say, Candycane?






And, I'm off for the day! 38 degrees! BRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrr

See you later with some behind the gate photos... =)

3 comments:

California Girl said...

How can it be 38 degrees and the flowers are thriving? I remember growing up in So Cal and my mother's azaleas & camellias would bloom in March I think (usually Easter time) and she would fret worrying about a late frost. 38 degrees isn't a frost but it is cold. Does it affect the flowers?

Tanna said...

We fret about the late frosts, too. The flowers usually hang in there pretty good unless it gets to freezing. That ruins our party! =)

Deb said...

I love the blue gate, we have had crazy Texas weather this week, every thing looks so pretty!
Can't wait to see more photos

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.