Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Putting a Face to a Name...


Milha and I met working in the operating room in 1981.  Our love of surgery, particularly orthopedic surgery, forged a fast friendship that has only grown deeper through the decades.  She is among a small hand full of people I call fr-amily (friends who became family).  I came to love Johhny because I loved Milha.  Now, I love him just because he's Johnny.

You never imagine in all the years working in surgery... doing orthopedics... that someone you care for will become the one bearing the diagnosis of bone cancer... or any cancer for that matter.  Somehow, it seems you should get a pass when you spend your working-years trying to put people back together again.  There is no pass.  

Johnny's cancer has proven relentless.  Not responding to aggressive therapies, he is waiting to be placed in a trial study at M. D. Anderson.  It doesn't start until mid-September.   Once again, I ask for your prayers.  I have personally felt the "holding up" of your prayers.  My friends need your "holding up". 

Thank you.  From the bottom of my heart.


"But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal Life."    Jude 20-21


With gratitude and blessings ~ tanna

15 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

I am happy to hold your dear friend in my prayer. Thank you for asking.

Best,
Bonnie

steph said...

so sorry to hear the trials and travails your fr-amily are going through....and knowing you---that you are also going through. Praying for the strength to endure.

Dewena said...

Have written Johnny and Milha's names down, Tanna, and will pray for good results from the new study in September. They have such good faces, kind faces. So glad they have you for fr-amily.

The verse from Jude is excellent! You always manage to find one that seems very personal to me.

Rose said...

So sorry to hear this about your friend...I will pray for him.

Bonnie said...

I will pray, for your friends, Johnny and Milha! I am so sorry.

Lynne said...

Holding Johnny . . . In my heart, caring, prayers.
And your dear friend Milha . . .
And you . . .

Love your quote on kind . . .
Do you mind if I share . . .

podso said...

Milha and Johnny look like a wonderful couple. It just does not seem fair --- I will pray for them. We never know what we will be like at such a time, but it sounds like they are putting one foot forward in front of the other and fighting this with all their might.

Terra said...

I am praying for healing for your friend. Prayer is powerful and it is a comfort to know we are surrounded by people's prayers.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh yes, sweet friend, the power of prayer is undeniable. I lift up your friend in prayer for his healing. I pray that the Spirit will comfort your friend and his family as he goes through all his treatment. I send you ((hugs)) sweet friend. :) Blessings always. :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sending blessings of peace and healing.

La Table De Nana said...

Awww.. you are right no one is immune..you may have read that Mr and Mrs Clinton are in QC..guests of the author Louise Penny..sho lost her dear husband in 2016.A gifted physician himself..:(
No one is immune..except it does seem like some go through life happier go lightly than some..

Lovely couple.
Get well:)

karen said...

on my prayer list!

Mereknits said...

Sending love and healing prayers your way for Johnny and for all of you. Tanna your last project is simply brilliant.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Sosorry to hear your sad news and certainly will pray or him.

my sisters knitter said...

Prayers big time, love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.