Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Progress, Basketball Players and for Elaine...


So far, so good.  I'm progressing along nicely on this year's first project, the Big Easy II.  Only one more repeat until time to begin the lace border.


Saturday morning, we enjoyed receiving photos of the Little Men from their basketball games!


I don't know what I'd do if someone told me I had to give up my phone... no text photos... no facetime... Can't imagine it.  Just makes life so much better!


This is MY baby ( I guess two babies... Zack, my youngest child... though he is far from childhood, and Ruby, the scooter.  Something new for 60...learning to ride a scooter).

Elaine, the Christmas Ornament Hat pattern is free and can be found here by Sarah at Repeat Crafter Me.   It is well written and easy to follow.  You can whip out a hat a day (or more if you are fast)!  LOL!  The only thing I did differently was to add silver pipe cleaner to the hangers to make them stand firmly (just single crochet around the pipe cleaner).  Hope you enjoy yours.


And the pink shawl you asked about is:  The South Bay Shawlette.  It is also a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn found here.  Easy and relaxing.

Hope everyone is having a joyful and productive week!

"The 'how' thinker gets problems solved effectively because he wastes no time with futile 'ifs'."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

blessings ~ tanna

15 comments:

Linda said...

You gonna drive that scooter? How cool is that!
If I lived in a small community, that would definitely be my choice of transportation!
Those boys are too cute...
Shawl is looking great!
Enjoy your day Tanna...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Betsy Brock said...

You and your son look cute in those red hats! And scooter sounds like a lot of fun! Wish I had one! haha.
Our church has Upwards basketball....a great organization!

podso said...

Basketball! I see lots of games in the future … and love your scooter. And the quote!

Tanna said...

Yes! Love riding the little scooter! So fun! Still makes me a tad nervous too! Ha!

Tricia Buice said...

I remember when my kids played Upward basketball. Such a fun time! A scooter! That sounds like tons of fun! I feel the same way about my grownup baby but he rides a Harley - haha. Love my son and daughter so much. Lovely shawl!

karen said...

scooter riding?? oh my! Loved seeing the progress and especially your "baby". how sweet!!

Mereknits said...

YOu are going to have so much fun on that scooter. I have made several South Bay Shawls this past year. Love how they turned out, it is a great pattern. Those boys are adorable.

La Table De Nana said...

Well that's it..I am signing up w/ a different email as I did not get this and I see you have at least another new one..will go look and redirect my subsciption in the hope that they will come to me:)

Tanna..you bear a striking resemblance to Meryl Streep:)Has anyone ever said that?

Love the shawl..and the work in progress..the linen top..and the scoter..I thought of that..but Québec..is ..well it woud be like a pool..not all seasons..I love them..very Euro to me:)And all the high school kids here..love seeing the kids..big and little:)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Those are 2 of the cutest basketball players and I can just see the girls swooning in a few years! The scooter looks like fun!

Christine said...

Love the Scooter!
Did you have to get a motorcycle license to be able to drive it?
I think I need one...
You have some really cool "Rides".

Christine said...

OH!!
I forgot to tell you what I think of your basketball team!
When did they grow up so much?
I agree with you about the phone. I use to say phones weren't a necessity.
Wrong!

Jocelyn said...

Absolutely love the pink shawl!

Lynne said...

Driving or riding that scooter?
Love the red hats, fun picture.
Beautiful shawl and the new project . . .

steph said...

Your basketball boys are growing so fast!!!! so cute!!! actually, love seeing all your babies....including the knit ones!!! (so glad you are close to another replacement shawl....great pattern; like reconnecting with an old friend!)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The hat ornaments are adorable. My Zack is my youngest. :) I used to ride motorbikes through cornfields as a kid. But when I tried to drive my cousin's scooter some years ago, I almost ran into a tree. :/ Beautiful shawls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.