Friday, March 16, 2018

SPRING Break!


This week found me making early morning drives...


To gather a herd of Little Loves...


For a few adventures including a visit to Caldwell Zoo...


So many years I've taken Loves to this great little zoo... 

It was free when I took Amanda and Zack... beginning almost four decades ago... what a wonderful blessing to young families by the Caldwell family back then.  When the older Caldwells passed away, the younger generation started charging for admission.  Though it's still a great place to visit, every time I go, I remember all the years I could bring my children for free.  It is truly amazing that the senior Caldwells made such a GIFT to their community of this zoo.  I was very thankful then and I still am.


Caldwell Zoo always makes for a fun family outing...  Our Littles LOVE following their MAPS and checking off all the animals, birds and reptiles.


I don't think we've ever passed this spot without needing a photo!  It's just beyond a beautiful pair of white tigers.  The day was sunny and cool, so almost all the animals were stretched out sunning themselves.  Not much activity!  Just napping.  Ha!  This Noni was ready for a nap when the day was done!


I'm running behind on my blog visiting... I promise to catch up soon!  I'm "making hay while I can" as the old farmers say!  Hope all of you are having a wonderful SPRING break!! 

blessings ~ tanna

14 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Looks like you all had a great time. :) That was truly a special gift that family gave to everyone. Glad it's still open, seems like most things that fall into younger hands these days gets run into the ground and then closed. Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to spend time with your family. :-)

Blogs will always be there later.

Anonymous said...

You and the grandchildren look great! What a nice outing to share. Have a happy weekend.

karen said...

love the photo of you with the kids :) Sounds like a fun outing with the kids and oh boy the memories!!

podso said...

One granddaughter has turned into an assistant I can see. All that fresh air and sunshine and walking and photo op-ing...I can imagine you needed a nap! What fun!

La Table De Nana said...

These are the moments❤️Beautiful family!!Such clement weather too☺️

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like it was a great day! My NY boy has been on spring break this past week but Colorado boy has his this week coming up.

Bonnie said...

So heart warming to hear about the senior Caldwell's contribution to your community. How nice to enjoy the second generation of family being able to visit and enjoy.
Glad you are enjoying family on spring break. We are keeping our granddaughter whose spring break is different from her brother's. My daughter and the rest of the family went on a skiing trip to Colorado. She grew up snow skiing on many spring breaks while we lived in Alaska as did her husband who grew up in Germany. When we moved back home we were close to the beach but did not want our teenagers in that wild atmosphere for spring break.
Always good to hear from you. Have a good week. You have a special family.

Needles and Wool said...

It looks like such a wonderful outing with your daughter and grandchildren and they looked very happy to be there too. The zoo looks really nice and I am glad you have been enjoying your visits there for many years!

Linda said...

How nice that you can all get together...
Fantastic!
Cheers,
Linda :o)

Judy S. said...

Loved all your GK photos, Tanna. Sounds like you had a very fun outing!

Shug said...

We are blessed to have such a nice zoo in our area. Love the Caldwell Zoo. My crew didn't make it out there this year..... :( Beautiful family Tanna...

Lynne said...

Adorable, beautiful, handsome “LOVES!”
What great spring break fun you must be having . . .

handmade by amalia said...

I used to love going to the zoo as a girl, still do :-) And what a lovely group of people you had visiting with you. I enjoyed their happy smiles and hope they got ice cream at the end, I always did.
Amalia
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.