Sunday, February 8, 2009

Celebrity Chef Event - Robert St. John


It was a fun evening! The Celebrity Chef Celebration benefitting The Woman's Building, the oldest community building in Tyler. Built in 1934, it was funded by a group of civic-minded women. Today, it is maintained by The Woman's Forum. Robert St. John delighted the attendees with humorous tales of the South and the food Southerners love. Seems I only remembered my camera as we sat down for dinner and just before I polished off my White Chocolate and Raspberry Bread Pudding!




Man, I wanted to win one of the raffle items! NO luck!

Larry Lott and Kay Fuller

Me and Evan

Chef Robert St. John and Cathy Shipp, Event Chair

Evan, Johnny Skelton, Robert St. John and Milha Skelton

Cookbooks I had to have...

How funny is this??? I sat and read the stories the whole afternoon! Robert St. John is also a syndicated columnist for the food section, but could easily be classified as humor. He has the Purple Parrot and the Mahogany Bar in Hattiesburg, MS and the Crescent City Grill in Meridian, MS. Chef St. John highly recommended the Sweet Potato Brownies. I'll keep you posted! =)

1 comment:

Dana said...

Tanna,
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's so much fun to cruise around, isn't it!!! :-) Dana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.